“LANKARAN SPRINGS WELLNESS RESORT” is the newest health and resort complex and is located in one of the most beautiful places of Azerbaijan – Haftoni village of Lankaran, 250 km south of Baku. A health centre has functioned on this territory since 1958. “LANKARAN SPRINGS WELLNESS RESORT” is one of the most efficient balneological resorts in the world. This place is well known for its unique “Istisu” (which means “hot water”) healing springs. The complex is surrounded by a beautiful mountain-forest landscape and is only 10 minutes from the Caspian Sea and 15 minutes from the Lankaran International Airport.
The complex with a unique architectural style consists of a hotel building, a wellness centre, equipped mineral springs, a children’s centre, and covers an area of 11 hectares. The guests are offered a wide range of thermal procedures, prescribed by highly qualified doctors. They can also enjoy delicious dishes of local and foreign cuisine, enjoying the most beautiful view of the nature from the open terrace of the main restaurant.
"LANKARAN SPRINGS WELLNESS RESORT" has on its territory
182 comfortable rooms (145 standard, 25 superior, 10 family, 2 king suite)
Community Springs Hamam (bath) open for the public
Outdoor swimming pools and Valley Bath springs
Children’s entertainment centre
2 restaurants: the main one in the lobby and cafe lounge on the 9th floor, a SPA bar and a cafe in the children’s centre.
The restaurant on the open terrace in warm weather.
SPA centre, including massage, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna and Turkish Hamam (bath)
Medical and wellness centre with qualified medical staff
Conference room of 190 sq .m
Meeting room of 47 sq. m.
Walking and entertainment park
Facilities for people with disabilities
Transfer service to the beach
Satellite channels in different languages
Shower and bath
Tea and coffee
Spacious balcony with a unique view
Indoor and outdoor swimming pools for adults and children
SPA salon / lounge
Fitness centre with modern equipment
Medical massage and Balinese massage
Rooms for wellness mineral water procedures
Darts and other games
Children’s entertainment centre
Disco and evening entertainment
Entertainment programs for children and adults
Guests are offered to enjoy services of the modern medical and wellness centre with qualified medical staff
Doppler sonography of limb vessels
Modern full-range laboratory
Istisu thermal spring
Today, 12 springs are functioning on the territory of “LANKARAN SPRINGS WELLNESS RESORT”. Five water sources out of them emerge from the earth in the form of a well. All sources are investigated at the National Medical Research Center for Rehabilitation and Balneology of the Ministry of Health of Russia (FGBI “НМИЦ РК”). By chemical composition, the mineral waters investigated from these five wells and five holes belong to low-mineralized and moderately mineralized waters with a total salinity of 3.9 g/dm3 – 8.6 g/dm3, to sodium chloride and calcium chloride waters, and are recommended for drinking and external use. By chemical composition, the mineral waters investigated from 2 sources belong to highly mineralized waters with a total salinity of 17.5 g/dm3 and 20.5 g/dm3, and are recommended for external use. The chemical composition of the investigated mineral waters is rich in useful microelements and ions of potassium, sodium, calcium, stable strontium, total iron, chloride ions, hydrogen carbonate ions, phosphate ions. Other normalized microelements, including compounds of the nitrogen group (ammonium, nitrates, nitrites), heavy metals (mercury, lead, etc.), as well selenium are also detected. Medical indications of GOST 54316-2011 confirm that in case of regulatory use of the well waters can effectively deal with the following diseases:
- Circulatory illnesses: hypertensive disease, ischemic heart disease, essential hypotonia, cardiomyopathy, peripheral arterial and vein disease
- Diseases of the nervous system: damage to different nerves, roots and plexuses, disorders of the vegetative nervous system, disorders of spinal cord and brain, diseases and after-effects of injuries and operations of the central nervous system.
- Musculoskeletal disorders: rheumatic diseases affecting joints with minimal activity of the inflammatory process, degenerative diseases of the joints and spine, osteopathy and chondropathy.
- Chronic nonspecific bronchopulmonary diseases: chronic bronchitis and chronic pneumonia in remission.
- Diseases of the digestive system: diseases of the esophagus, stomach and duodenal ulcer (reflux esophagitis, chronic gastritis with normal or low acidity, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer), bowel diseases, diseases of liver, gall bladder, bile ducts, pancreas, disorders after surgical interventions.
- Endocrine diseases, eating disorder and dysmetabolism: diabetes, alimentary obesity, metabolic syndrome, gout, etc.
- Skin diseases: chronic eczema, atypical dermatitis, psoriasis, residual effects from burns and freezing injuries, cicatricial changes, tissue trophic disorders, etc.
- Diseases of kidney and urinary tracts: chronic pyelonephritis in remission; chronic cystitis.
- Diseases of male genital organs: chronic prostatitis, vesiculitis, epididymitis, etc.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of the female genital organs: salpingo-oophoritis, endocervicitis, cervicitis, etc.