In January 2017, the ASAN visa portal was launched in Azerbaijan. For a length of stay in the country of up to 30 days, a one-time electronic visa can be obtained and is available within 3 working days after payment and sent directly to the applicant’s e-mail.. Applications for electronic visas via the portal are intended for individuals, families (at least 2, maximum 10 people) and groups (minimum 10, maximum 300 people). The simplification of visa procedures has had a positive impact on the flow of tourists into the country. After the introduction of electronic visas, the number of tourists arriving in Azerbaijan increased by 11 percent in 2016. Bear in mind that visa procedures in the international airports of Azerbaijan for citizens of the United Arab Emirates have been simplified since November 2015 and for citizens of Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Japan, and the People ’s Republic of China, Bahrain, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore since February 2016. Since the introduction of electronic visas, the number of tourists coming from European countries has also increased. In addition, according to statistics, about 70 percent of visitors are citizens from states that enjoy a visa-free regime with Azerbaijan.
- The e-Visa is issued within 3 (three) working days.
- E-Visa applications can be created for an individual, for a family (minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 persons) or for a group (minimum of 10 and maximum of 300 persons).
- The necessary data required for the e-Visa should be entered directly into the system.
- The fee for the e-Visa is paid electronically via the system.
- The e-Visa is sent to the e-mail address of an applicant.